Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Oops, I Did It Again

So... today didn't go so well. I don't know what my problem is. I love having alone time, but I use it so irresponsibly! It's like I cram down three bowls of food in a race to finish before my boyfriend gets home from work, then when he arrives I act like I am magically full after munching on two triscuits. And I know my thighs are getting thicker. No bueno.

Oh, and yesterday I drank a can of soda, just cause it was there and I wasn't really thinking about it. So my whole 'No liquid calories for a week' goal didn't exactly happen.

I'm trying not to be too hard on myself. But when you are your own judge and jury, how hard is appropriate? I don't want to entirely hinder any chance of success by dismissing it entirely- but at the same time I also don't want to be so hard on myself that the disappointment serves as another 'trigger'. Maybe I set the wrong goal. Maybe I need to set goals that require being more consciously present. Maybe I just need to tie a string around my finger. Maybe I have no idea why I do what I do or how to change it. Yeah, today definitely wasn't a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment