Monday, June 1, 2009

Excuses, Excuses

This morning I woke up, got on the scale and was three lbs heavier than the last time I weighed myself. Adding salt to the wounded ego, I'm back at my highest ever weigh in. Awesome. You'd think this would be a wake up call. But, of course not. Instead it was a practice in creativity as the excuses started flying rapid-fire in my mind. Actually, it started yesterday when I felt like I was getting heavier. Here are some of the things I tried convincing myself of:
  • My jeans must have shrunk in the wash.
  • I drank water in the middle of the night cause I was thirsty, and my body didn't have time to process it.
  • My body holds on to weight before it loses it, so I'm probably on the right track anyway.
  • My scale must be on the fritz.
  • I worked hard all week, I deserved that pint of ice cream and three beers last night.
  • It's really humid today, that's probably affecting the scale.
  • Maybe I'm pregnant!
And that last one was when I realized I had a serious problem. What excuses do you use to justify bad behavior, unplanned weight gain, or not making the best choices?

No comments:

Post a Comment